The Redding Bank of Commerce Kenneth R. Gifford, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Program awards Five, $1,000.00 scholarships each year.
Scholarship Program awards five, $1,000.00 scholarships each year.
One of the most pressing needs in higher education today is funding for scholarships. Scholarships allow deserving students to attain their educational goals, meet their professional objectives and succeed to their fullest ability. From our beginning in 1982, we have given back and participated in the communities that we serve. From education, to volunteer time and donations we actively work hard to make our communities a better place to live.
Bank of Commerce recognizes that our continued success is contingent upon the health and vitality of the communities we serve. Taking action to improve the well-being of others is a community responsibility and commitment we’ve upheld since our inception in 1982. We value the opportunity to provide financial support to the youth in our communities.
Who is Eligible?
- Graduating High School Senior
- Student has maintained a 3.0 GPA in senior year
- Student intends to enroll as a full-time college student within 12 months of graduation (proof of enrollment will be required before funds are distributed)
When to Apply?
- January through April
- Deadline April 30, 2016
Are there any restrictions?
- Student is not an employee of Redding Bank of Commerce
- Student is not a family member of an employee of Redding Bank of Commerce
- Fully complete and submit the application
- Include one letter of recommendation from an acquaintance, employer or teacher
- Include a one-page essay on “Why I should be considered for this scholarship award….”
- Attach most recent report of GPA
Where to send the application:
Redding Bank of Commerce
1951 Churn Creek Road
Redding, California 96002
ATTN: Tess Meisinger