Health Savings Accounts
The smart way to handle health care costs.
It's no surprise that health care costs continue to rise. And unexpected medical expenses can be a drain on your savings. But now there's a way to lower your health care costs and save for unforeseen medical expenses — while earning steady interest in a federally secured account that offers you unprecedented control, flexibility, tax advantages, and access to your funds.
With a Health Savings Account (HSA) from Bank of Commerce, you can have the financial security you need and the peace of mind you want — by saving for future, qualified medical expenses.
What is a Health Savings Account?
HSAs offer those covered by High-Deductible Health Plans a tax-favored avenue for saving for qualified health care expenses not met by your Health Plan.
- Pay less each month for high-deductible health insurance
- Tax-free savings, contributions and disbursements
- Your high-deductible insurance and HSA protect you against high or unexpected medical bills
- Funds remain in account from year-to-year, no 'use it or lose it' rules
- Remains in place regardless of where you work or what insurance company you have
- Can be used as another source of retirement income
- Easy access to your money by check or by MasterCard® debit card
- Free online banking
*The tax information provided is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal or tax advice. Always consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific legal or tax situation.